Saturday 5 March 2011

A friend from downunder

I love the fact we get hits on the blog from all over the world, including Australia. Here's a little post from a gorgeous dog in Australia called Floyd who has to deal with some rather different backyard visitors to the neighbours cat!

It’s me “The Handsome Debonair” Floyd here. I’m popping in to tell of my adventure that happened on the week end.

I was just minding my own business in “my” backyard, just having a good ole scratch & roll on the grass when something caught my eye. The “thing” was greyish, scaley & it was invading my property !!!!!!!!!!!.

It was about 20” long & sunning itself on the path. Well I just couldn’t stand around & watch it, I had to do my “brave” duty, well it does say in my breed standard that my breed is “Bold & Fearless” so I just had to live up to that didn’t I....

I flexed every muscle I have & charged like a raging bull over to the thing & barked at it, the thing was brave also, it just laid there hissing & poking it’s tongue out at me.

Mum came running outside to see what I was barking at. Mum was telling me to get away & to go back inside the house because the “thing” is not my dinner nor toy thing etc . Ok I was being good & listened to Mum & I followed her back in the house.

Mum got her camera thingy & went back outside with me in tow to take some pics of the “thing”. The poor thing was now being harassed by those stupid Indian Minor birds, Mum was nudging the “thing” along the path towards the pool garden so it could hide safely under the palm trees & out of sight from the birds.

While Mum was taking pics I just had to be nosy & keep a watchful eye on the “thing”, needless to say I was not impressed about sharing my backyard & gardens with another!!!!!!!!!!!.

Mum did ask me not to chase, go near or harm the "thing" or other critters look nearly the same as the "thing", just in case they was aggressive, poisonous & deadly
So now I will be watched like a hawk for my own safety when ever i'm in the backyard. Mum doesn't want to risk me being bitten by a deadly snake......


PS.. this next little text is from Mum...... We live on the east coast of OZ & there a numerous deadly snakes throughout OZ, certain variety of snakes only inhabit certain regions of OZ...

Our neighbor has found a live very aggressive deadly & toxic "Eastern Brown Snake" & a "Red Belly Black Snake" in he's back yard/ gardens, one bite from either of those snake can easily kill a 60 kilo dog or child within 30-60 mins. We live in rural suburbs & don't often come across snakes in our gardens that much.. but often see them sun baking on the roads or just passing through our yards etc..


And here is the gorgeous man himself - G'Day Floyd!



No comments:

Post a Comment